started since 2010
Link Worker Scheme
Link Worker Scheme (LWS) aims at reaching out to High Risk Groups (HRGs) & vulnerable (at risk) population in rural areas with information, knowledge, skills for HIV /STI prevention & risk reduction.
LWS is being implemented in 8 districts of Mizoram through district implementing agencies (NGOs) at district level. DAPCU is the nodal agency at district level for providing support & monitoring programme implementation.
Ferrando Integrated Women Development Centre implements the scheme in two district, viz., Aizawl and Lunglei covering more than 150 rural areas.
SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER LWS
– Advocacy with stakeholders
– Community Outreach, mobilization & establishing linkages with HIV services
– Formation of condom depots, increasing availability & usage of condoms
– Creating enabling environment for PLHAs & their families
High Risk Groups
- Female sex workers (FSW)
- Male having sex with male (MSM)
- Intravenous Drug Users (IDU)
- Bridge population (Migrants, Truckers)
- clients / spouses / partners of HRG, Bridge population & PLHIVs
- Youth population