About Us

Ferrando Integrated Women Development Center – Peace Home was started in the year 2005, to help women and young girls live more dignified and purposeful lives. It is run by the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians, a rare initiative of the sisters in the North East. The center provides services to recovering drug users, alcoholics, sex workers, those infected with HIV and other vulnerable women and children and persons with disabilities in the society.

The congregation of the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians, the first indigenous congregation in North East India was founded on 24th October 1942 at Guwahati, Assam by His Excellency, Stephen Ferrando, SDB., DD., The then Bishop of Shillong. 

The congregation is especially dedicated to women and children in rural areas. It has 156 centers and works in 48 dioceses of India, Italy, Africa and USA. The members number over one thousand and belong to 45 ethnic groups of India.

Ferrando Integrated Women Development Center – Peace Home was started in the year 2005, to help women and young girls live more dignified and purposeful lives. It is run by the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians, a rare initiative of the sisters in the North East. The center provides services to recovering drug users, alcoholics, sex workers, those infected with HIV and other vulnerable women and children and persons with disabilities in the society.